How to get to Mont Saint Michel ?
Getting to the bay of Mont Saint Michel is child's play as there are so many transport and access
transport and access are easy, so it's up to you!
The different modes of transport available to you to reach the Mont Saint Michel
Since the opening in 2014 of a free shuttle service and the construction of a large parking lot to facilitate the arrival of visitors, the Mont Saint Michel
to make arriving at the site easier, getting to Mont Saint Michel has become very easy.
Whether you come by train, car, bike, bus or on foot, there is no lack of access to the site:
- By train to Pontorson station where a free shuttle bus will take you to the entrance of Mont Saint Michel.
- By car: 375 km from Paris, 66 km from Rennes, 190 km from Nantes, 279 km from Tours
or 542 km from Bordeaux, you can park your car in one of the car parks open all year round and located 2.5 km from Mont Saint Michel.
A free shuttle bus will drop you off at the entrance of the site.
- By bike, a free car park near the Place du Barrage, allows you to leave your bike safely and take the
and take the free shuttle bus to the Mont Saint Michel.
- On foot, from the car park, 3 routes of about 50 minutes each have been to take full advantage of the panorama of the bay.
The eastern route: the Lisière,
the western route: the banks of the Couesnon
and the central route: Route du Mont.
- For the pleasure of a ride in a horse-drawn coach, cross the bay in a "Maringote" to the entrance of the Mont Saint Michel.
A Tourist Information Centre welcomes you at the car parks for more information on Mont Saint Michel.
Come and discover the Mont Saint Michel and enjoy this unique bay during your stay
in our establishment.